Monday, March 19, 2012

Welcome To F&S Go-Fish

I grew up fishing. My dad taught me the basics and then some, as did my grandfather who used to take me out bullheading on summer nights. In upstate NY there are plenty of Trout, Sunfish, Pickerel, Bass, Perch and Bullhead to be caught in freshwater ponds, lakes and creaks. My friend, James and I used to live to fish. Even if we caught nothing at all, we always had a good time.

After joining the Marines in 1994, I kind of stopped fishing. I don't know why, I just did. After four years, I got out of the Marines and joined the Army for more opportunity. I got stationed at Ft. Drum, just north of Watertown, New York. It is a great place to find fishing spots, but I still didn't do all that much fishing. So, finally I got out of the military all together in 2005 and moved to the south for a job opportunity. It wasn't until 2011 that I finally got back into fishing as my 13 year old son and I took to the ponds, creeks and rivers to see what we could catch. What we fell in love with was catfishing. First it started with small, roadside stream bullhead and soon morphed into trying to hook the bigger river cats.

In the past year, we have learned how to cat fish; where to cat fish; and what they tend to bite on. In this blog, you'll find all about what we used to hook some big blue cat fish and you might even learn a thing or two. We're still learning as we go and having a ball doing it. Until next time...go fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment